AS-Motor Ride-on mowers
AS-Motor ride-on mowers – stronger than any lawn tractor
Lawn tractors are not designed to mow meadows, and certainly not dense growth. Clogged mower decks, smoking belts and bent blades are often the result.
Thus AS-Motor created the ride-on Allmäher which combines the comfort and the work rate of a lawn tractor with the cutting force and all-terrain mobility of AS-Motor’s well-known Allmäher. Essential design features include a stable blade system, drive gear ratios, a low centre of gravity and drive and cooling systems which ensure endurance and performance.
AS-Motor offers 9 different models depending on the operator’s needs. 2WD models are the right choice for agility and high work rates on level terrain, while the permanent all-wheel drive of the AS 940 Sherpa make it the preferred tool of landscape gardeners, municipalities and service providers on steep slopes and difficult terrain.
Although the ride-on mowers from AS-Motor are designed for meadows, high grass and rough terrain, they deliver excellent cutting results on lawns when equipped with a mulch kit.
The all-wheel drive ride-on mowers in a new design
The all-wheel drive models of the Sherpa family will appear in new splendor in the future. With a new paint finish, an additional front panel and the newly designed labels, the Sherpa’s will be even more attractive in the future. The re-design of the Sherpa family also offers some technical innovations.
The new ATV tires for the XL models provide even better performance when driving across slopes and improved hill climbing ability. All all-wheel-drive Sherpa models will in future come with the liquide tyre sealant, AS-Motor Plattfuss-Stop, as standard – downtime due to flat tires will no longer be an issue. The Sherpas’ new fuel tank offers more volume (17 liters), a larger tank opening and a level indicator. The new locking mechanism of the folding safety bar ensures easier handling and makes the bar less prone to damage. There is also improved elbowroom when operating the driving lever. In the future, the protective cloth between the engine and seat will no longer be elaborately riveted, but locked in place using robust magnets. Accessibility to the engine, for example when adjusting the valves, is significantly improved.
AS-Motor ride-on mowers’ design principles
- High cutting force thanks to a gear-reduction blade drive
- Lowest possible centre of gravity reduces danger of tipping over and thus increases safety on slopes
- Wide wheel base for better slope performance
- Compact design
- Weight-optimised frame design
- Ergonomic sitting position for fatigue-free work over long hours
- Straightforward and intuitive Operation
- Lack of superfluous parts and plastic parts
- Maintenance-friendly accessibility to system components
Innovation builds on experience – the remote-controlled AS 940 Sherpa RC
AS-Motor’s 2016 introduction of the Sherpa RC, the world’s first remote-controlled ride-on mower, was a milestone in the industry. The Sherpa RC made it possible to safely mow uncomfortable, difficult or steep terrain from a safe distance for the first time.
AS-Motor now offers nine models of ride-on mower with engine power ranging from 10–27 hp, cutting widths from 80–98 cm and different equipment options to best suit your needs.
Advantages of the AS-Motor ride-on mowers:
Hydrostatic transmission for variable drive without shifting
- Brakes with the hydrostatic transmission lever by hand, or like in a car by foot pedal
- Precision speed adjustment to suit the Terrain
- Double braking function for safety in critical situations
Limited-slip differential can be switched on at any time
- Blocks a spinning drive wheel
- Better traction on difficult terrain
Mow high grass and dense growth to 150 cm high
- High work rate for professional use
- Ecologically effective
- Extended mowing intervals are possible
Ergonomic sitting position
- Innovative suspension system adjustable between 60 and 120 kg
- Comfortable sitting position even for tall operators
Steel tubular frame
- Optimal stability
- Low centre of gravity
- Safety factor when mowing on slopes greater than 17° (30%) inclination/slope
- Intelligent 4WD protects the soil
- Incredible traction uphill and full braking force downhill
- Constant oil temperature even in extreme heat
- No power loss in hot conditions
- High durability of installed drive components
Tight turning radius with 2WD
- Agility for mowing between rows of crops
- Higher work rates
Cross-blade system with mulching blade
- Repeated shredding of grass delivers better mulching result
- Accelerated decomposition of the mulch reduces the formation of rotten sections
Surfing mulching mower deck
- Closed mower deck protects against ejected foreign objects and keeps the mowed material in the cutting space longer, leading to a better mulching result
- The AS Sherpa’s surfing mower deck gives way upward, protecting the blade
Side discharge mower deck
- Mowed grass can quickly be ejected to the side and rear, increasing mowing speeds and work rates
German Design Award Winner 2023: AS 940 Sherpa 4WD
The consistently sustainable product design of the powerful high grass mowers convinced the top-class jury of the German Design Award. In the citation it says: “The AS Sherpa 4WD XL was developed specifically for mowing tall grass meadows, which its striking functional design expresses perfectly. A compact ride-on mower reduced to the essentials for sustainable and ecologically oriented green maintenance.”