AS-Motor Mulching mowers
Mulching mowers – with mulching you attain a lush, green and healthy lawn more quickly
The current trend in lawnmowing is mulching instead of collecting. Working without a collection bag saves time and money, as mulch provides a continuous, natural fertilising method. In addition, the sustainable layer of nutrients protects the lawn from drying out and the effects of heavy rain.
Professional and modern lawn care services trust mulching mowers for a perfect lawn.
New: Now also with professional AS-Motor Electric drive
A new performance class in Li-Ion batteries makes it possible to transfer the power and range of previous combustion engines to battery mulch mowers. The professional AS-Motor Electric drive does not save on torque and power, but on noise, vibrations and exhaust fumes. In terms of the cutting pattern, everything remains the same, as before, without compromise. Use the new possibilities of modern battery technology.
How does mulching work?
The mulching blade cleanly cuts high grass and simultaneously generates an airflow that uniformly whirls the cuttings in the mulching unit. The mulching blade’s multiple cutting edges chop and mulch the grass several times. The tiny grass particles then disappear into the turf, forming a layer of natural fertiliser. Mulching is sustainable and saves time.
The spring steel mulching blade cleanly cuts off tall grass up to a height of 15 cm.
The air flow generated by the mulching blade uniformly whrils up the cuttings in the mulching unit.
The grass is uniformly whirled up, then chopped and defibrated several times by the mulching blade with multiple cutting edges.
The defibrated cuttings sink into the turf where they are virtually invisible. Important nutrients and moisture are returned to the lawn. The layer of mulch produced in this manner protects the lawn from drying out quickly.
Proper use of a mulching mower
- Mow every 10–14 days
- For the best mulching result, mow in dry weather
- Golden rule: mow 1/3 of the grass length, maximum
- For overgrown lawns: Mow in two stages. The first pass at the highest mowing level (80-90 mm), the second pass at a medium mowing level (50-70 mm)
- For particularly dense and thick grass, mulch slowly
- Always mow areas counterclockwise from the outside to the inside
The advantages of mulching at a glance:
- Time savings of 30% are possible with modern mulching mowers
Up to two tons of grass cuttings accumulate on a 1,000 m² lawn area every year. These cuttings must then be disposed of. Spare yourself not just the cost of this process but up to 30% more time by mulching rather than collection bag mowing.
- Mulch mowing is fertilising naturally – less consumption of fertiliser
Fertilise less frequently and with lower costs. The fine mulch continues to fertilise naturally, supplying the lawn with nutrients over a longer period of time.
- Fresh, healthy green – for a perfect ornamental lawn
A fine layer of mulch protects the soil from drying out, so that even in hot summer periods the lawn does not become spotty.
- Easily mulch tall grass up to 20 cm high
Depending on the model, AS-Motor’s mulching mowers effortlessly mulch grass up to 20 cm high. This means you can mow less often.
Advantages of AS mulching mowers
- New: Now also available with professional AS-Motor Electric drive system
With power and range as you are used to from devices with combustion engine.
- The unique design of the mulching unit
High-stability mulching unit made of galvanized steel and powder-coated.
- 3-bearing crankshaft support
Protects the engine in the event of unseen objects.
- Special steel cutting blade
Mulching blade developed in-house with three cutting edges.
- Central height adjustment
Adjust the mower to the desired cutting height quickly and easily.
- Lightweight and stable wheels
Double ball-bearing front wheels minimize impact on the grass, which quickly springs back up to be cut by the blade and delivers extremely uniform cutting results.
Mulching mowers for every terrain
Find the mulching mower best suited for your task alongside your AS-Motor dealer:
- With wheel drive and AS 2-stroke engine or AS-Motor Electric drive for mowing on slopes.
- Cutting widths of 42, 47 and 51 cm and cutting height adjustment of 30 – 90 mm.
- EasyStart function on the 2-stroke engine models; 60% less pull force required on the starter rope.
- 5-litre tank for professionals comes as standard equipment on some models.
- Mulching mowers with 2in1 function: convert your mulching mower into a side discharge mower for easier mowing of higher grass.
- Maximum work rate up to 2,100 m²/h (depending on the model).
New: Now also available with professional AS-Motor Electric drive system
The new AS-Motor Electric drive has two slots for the most powerful Li-Ion hand batteries on the market, with a combined energy content of 1,120 Wh! In addition, the 28 Ah back battery can be connected to the AS 510 E-ProClip A. With then 2,688 Wh energy reserve you are perfectly equipped for professional lawn care. The Power-Peak technology of the AS-Motor Electric drive balances the power of up to three simultaneously connected batteries evenly. Power peaks occurring during mowing are immediately balanced by the AS-Motor Electric motor with its 2,700 watts of rated power and the batteries connected in parallel. The enormous torque is also constantly available in Eco mode. The time is ripe for professional battery mulching lawn mowers.
Extend your operational capability in all directions with a comprehensive ECOSYSTEM. The AS-Motor Electric batteries are compatible with all professional hand tools from EGO Powertools.